Monday, May 10, 2010

My Birthday

Today was my birthday and I spent it how I wanted. Well, kind of. I went to work instead of sleeping in and maybe shooting rockets off in my underwear in my backyard or something. But, anyway, I spent the evening playing a huge game of basketball with friends and then, once the park lights went out, playing capture the flag and lava monsters.

It was the most joyous blend of adult exercise (a look to the future) and children's games (a reflection of the past). I loved every second of it and my heart felt full and stretched. I was everywhere that is home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake, I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like your evening went swimmingly.

Celeste Hoang said...

can TG play lava monsters with you next time?

Jake Kilroy said...

Non - Thank you, sir. It did. Also, I wish I had gone swimming too.

Celeste - Yes. Always. Forever and ever.