Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Everyone Thinks I'm Suicidal When I Shave My Beard, Exercise And Eat Right

Typically, when someone observes their friend as having "let himself go," it's usually because they're eating crap food and not exercising, and maybe they've grown a beard. And the friends all think that the guy is depressed or just giving up or something.

However, everyone becomes concerned about me when I'm clean-shaven, eating right and exercising.

"Dude! Jake! You shaved your beard!"

"Yeah, I decided it was time to try a cleaner look."

"And it seems like you're in better shape."

"Well, I've been playing basketball and doing little exercises at home every day. Also, I haven't eaten fast food in two months and I'm trying to cut way back on junk food."

"Oh, ok. I see...Jake, I have to ask, is everything ok? Is something wrong?"

It's all very peculiar.

No comments: