Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey, I recorded four songs! You wanna hear 'em?



I recorded an EP.

Wanna hear it? Give me your address and I'll send you a copy in the mail.

Maybe I should explain.

Sure, I can't really sing all that well and I can't really play guitar all that well either, but I thought it'd be something fun to try and do. So, through trial and error (and special effects), I figured out a few things on guitar and wrote four songs. They were actually recorded a year ago, but after a summer lull and a cold season's return to yuppiedom, I started burning copies for friends.

So, anyway, I kinda-sorta played guitar and I kinda-sorta sang and I'm kinda-sorta stoked on how it turned out. The CD is called Great Western Skies and I made it into a funny little album complete with cover and lyrics (as I'm fairly certain this is as far as I will ever go musically). So, if you'd like a copy, give me your address and I'll mail you one (I don't care how far away you live). Or just mention it the next time I see you.

GREAT WESTERN SKIES by Jake Kilroy:
1. A New Landfill
2. The Shakes
3. Pretty Stand-Up Guy
4. San Francisco (Older & Darker)

2 comments:

Celeste Hoang said...

that's an awesome-looking album. i don't think i've been this excited for a burned CD since the New Moon soundtrack.

Jake Kilroy said...

If only I had the musical power to make teenage girls lose their minds...I would- actually, I'm just gonna stop it there and say it'd probably be pretty cool.

And, to be honest, it's actually just four long tracks of me listing off movies that I think are overrated, so...you should probably keep really, really low expectations for the whole thing.