Monday, August 23, 2010

My Balanced Weekend of Productivity and Laziness

I had what felt like the perfect balance of productivity high points and low points. At moments, I thought, "Man, I am getting stuff done," but either hours earlier or hours later, I was thinking, "I need to get my life together."

FRIDAY

HIGH POINT:
Playing basketball for two hours.
LOW POINT: Deciding it was too much effort to find and melt butter for my toast and then using chocolate sauce instead.

SATURDAY
HIGH POINT: Writing and recording a song I really dig in its entirety (called "Autumn Magician" for now) from start to finish.
LOW POINT: Getting kinda drunk on Irish whiskey with my dog while writing and recording said song.

SUNDAY
HIGH POINT: Cleaning out two boxes and setting up my CD rack.
LOW POINT: Watching several episodes of Bones instead of writing.

2 comments:

E said...

mmm... chocolate sauce.

you still need to send me your jams!

Jason Kornfeld said...

Ah, the good old Autumn Magician. Reminds me of a poem I read once.

I feel reponsible for you questioning your life after our talk on Thursday or so.