Monday, January 9, 2012

2011: A Survey

Where​ did you begin​ 2011?​​
On a beach in Mexico, next to a Christmas tree on fire, screaming, "Aaaaannnnaaaaaaarchy!" Save for the screaming, that's how I ended it too.

Have any life changes in 2011?​​​
Moved out again, this time into a clean, quiet young adult house. Naturally, we're still acting like kids with drinking problems, but we clean up after ourselves now.

Where​ did you go on vacation?​
New York City, Seattle, Oregon, Las Vegas, Big Sur, Mexico (a few times), Santa Cruz (a few times), Joshua Tree (a few times), Big Bear (a few times).

What'​​​s the one thing​ you thought you would​ never​ do but did in 2011?
Watch my company collapse.​

What was your favorite moment?
Wandering New York City for the first time. Seriously.

What was your biggest accomplishment?
I finished my novel, which, even though I've been looking to do that for years, was still a surprise. To be honest, whenever I start a project, I usually assume I won't actually finish it.

What was your favorite TV program for the year?
Hard to say, as I discovered both Parks And Recreation and Community this year.

What was the best book you read this year?
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson.

What was your favorite film of the year?
Midnight In Paris (by Woody Allen).

How would you describe your personal fashion concept this year?
"These are the shirts in my closet. Most of them button. Watch me wear 'em."

What song will always remind you of 2011?
"All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem.

What did you do on your birthday?
I bailed on work to go shoe-shopping with Rex before we met up with Jeff and Greg for a few beer flights. Then I hung out with my family. I've come to really enjoy not planning shit for my birthday.

What was your best month​?​​​
April. Easily. Hell, it may have been the best month of my life. That was a solid month of laughing non-stop. For a brief month, I figured out life better than I ever had before. I'm pretty sure that I was going to bed grinning most spring nights.

What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
Not having to invest $4,000 in my car. Maybe putting that money towards something more practical...like a really nice titty bar.

What kept you sane this year?
Writing.

What celebrity did you fancy the most?
At the beginning of the year, it was Rachel McAdams. By the end, it was Olivia Wilde. Look at me grow as a person!

Drinking buddy of the year?
Rex and Chase. Definitely.

Smoking buddy of the year?
Grant. Definitely.

Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone who was at Greg's house nearly every spring weekend for drinking and swimming.

Whose behavior disappointed you?
Mine/the government's.

Any regular activities?
Sunday night family dinners at my parents' house, Monday night writing at Non and Jessica's house, Wednesday night basketball, Sunday morning basketball...and a brief period of Tuesday night backyard movies.

Favorite night​ out?
Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday, if I'm getting specific. Danced all night on the coast of Oregon. It was the perfect night. I'd relive it again and again if I could. Honorable Mentions: the Superfriends' Star Wars Saturday. That was one long, glorious day and night of destroying my body. We bought food from Del Taco, Little Cesears and KFC while drinking Irish car bombs and a $100 bottle of the finest Jameson. It was horrifyingly rewarding. If not that day, then I should mention the afternoon Chase, Rex and I spent drinking mimosas in our underwear before heading to Joshua Tree. Or any drive up the coast with those two. Or that all day swim session with everyone at Greg's house. Or his Christmas party. Or...actually, this could go on forever. I had a lot of fun this year.

Start​ a new hobby​?​
Coming up with really ludicrous ideas and grand plans with Grant in the basement. Also, I wrote my first television pilot and most of a movie screenplay for the first times.

Any slumps?
I spent the summer uneasy.

Been naughty or nice?​​
Twas a fair balance of disease.

Any regrets?​​​
Not being on hallucinogens with James for The Natural History Museum in New York.

Do you have any New Year'​​​s resolutions?​
Yeah, but they never make any sense. It's always like "don't get stung by bees" or "get even taller."

Overall,​​​ how would​ you rate this year?​​​

On a scale of one to ten, I would say...spectacular!

What do you want to change in 2012?​
Either get in better shape or go for all-out warfare on my body.

What are you wishing for in 2012?
One hell of a year.​

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

l
o
l