Monday, February 6, 2012

Supa Bow

As I have dinner with my family nearly every Sunday, I'm usually unavailable to see old movies at The Bay Theatre in Seal Beach. But, since my family was just doing gourmet Super Bowl snacks all day, there was no dinner. With the free evening, I thought I'd bail a little early on the Super Bowl to go see a movie. In January, The Bay Theatre was killing it: Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Roman Holiday, etc. But, on Super Bowl Sunday, I suppose out of protest, they were playing The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert. And I very immediately decided that I'd never be able to explain or live it down that I missed the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl because I went to go see some cult movie about drag queens in Australia. So, reinvigorated by the prospect of manliness, I bought some firewood, as well as two bars of very plainly wrapped soap, and read a scary book by the fire.

Also, I lost ten bucks to son of a bitch Chase. Goddamn Patriots.

No comments: