Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Kristen Wiig

Sometimes, I can't believe Kristen Wiig. Nobody should be that gifted. She's way too talented and way too attractive. For whatever stupid insane reason anyone still says (and they do), "Women aren't funny," it's, like, mind-melting to me. Look at Kristen Wiig!

She disappears into impressions with a glow. It doesn't seem "almost" at any point, and it's not a variation of her doing someone else. It's another person entirely. I can't think of a time she was in a Saturday Night Live sketch that I didn't laugh at whatever she was doing. She's a scene-stealer who doesn't chew up the scenery. There's a humility in her delivery that is gracious and respectful of the audience and the other players, even when she's killing it on punchlines. And she co-wrote Bridesmaids!

Anyway, I have no idea how I ended up on such a Kristen Wiig kick this week, but, seriously, look at these characters! They're so goofy and charming and glorious! Hot damn, she's the best.

Secret Word Mindy


Shanna


Aunt Linda

No comments: