Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Life Goal Book List

Today, I spent my evening coming up with a gnarly-long list of novels I'd like to read in the next few years. I've read five novels in the last three weeks, so maybe I can actually do this.

Also, I'm adding a special section called the Life Goal Book List, which are long or dense (or both) books of older wit that I want to read in the next century or before I die (yes, I plan on living past the unreal age of 124, seeing as how my last plan of being dead by this age didn't exactly pan out).

Anyway, here is the Life Goal Book List so far:
Cervantes - Don Quixote (1615)
James Joyce - Ulysses (1922)
Herman Melville - Moby Dick (1851)
Margaret Mitchell - Gone With The Wind (1936)
Thomas Pynchon - V. (1963)
Thomas Pynchon - Gravity’s Rainbow (1973)
Thomas Pynchon - Against The Day (2006)
Ayn Rand - The Fountainhead (1943)
Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged (1957)
John Steinback - East Of Eden (1952)

No comments: