Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm A Boring Person

Someone recently wanted to know what I did in my free time. So I told them that I didn't do much, that I'm kind of a boring person.

"On the weekends, I drive around town and take pictures of vanity license plates," I said.

"One time, some years back, I saw a shooting star. You know what I wished for? More staples for my stapler," I added.

Some time later, the person told me that they thought I was a decent enough writer and should maybe write a book. To which, I told them that I had, in fact, started an autobiography.

The chapters were:
Chapter One: That Time I Saw A Frog
Chapter Two: School? I Don't Need No School!
Chapter Three: That OTHER Time I Saw A Frog

But then I saw another frog! So I abandoned my memoir. I figured it was probably just gonna be about frogs anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are far from boring Sir Jake. Even if you are perceived as such, it makes no matter. You know that you aren't boring. Plus, frogs! Frogs!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I am going to put your website in my links. I like it.