Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Whole Mass O' Mess

My mind's all over the place, so here's a...

Fake excerpt from a noir novel:

"Bang bang," said the gun. Nobody in the ballroom laughed. They had all heard the joke before.

Poem with just one line:
You can collect broken hearts like phone numbers, but you can't store them like baseball cards.

Quick recap of my life:
Life has been stupidly good lately. I'm writing more than ever. I'm reading as much as I can. I work from home two days a week and surprisingly appreciate my commute to Los Angeles the other three days. I play basketball at least two times a week. A recent 10 a.m. Sunday morning basketball game turned into an all-day barbecue with all the locals eating burgers and playing volleyball (I didn't get home until 10 p.m., sunburned as shit and happy as hell). Monday night is still group dinner/writing and Tuesday evening is now watching old films on a movie screen in a backyard with friends and popcorn. I feel like I'm living out my third adolescence, as I keep finding myself falling victim to the dumb grins I remember carrying with me as a 20-year-old; back when all I remember doing that year was going to shows, going on bike rides, going to Australia, going to Arizona, going to Northern California, going at everything with a charming sense of who gives a shit. I feel like I have all the time in the world and I've never been busier. I also don't think I've ever written such a junior high-sounding entry about my life, not even in junior high. I feel like I'm on the verge of writing things like, "And I'm hitting more green lights when I drive!" Ugh. This paragraph was disgusting. Ah well. Woop, woop!

Something I can't stop saying:
Woop, woop!

Movie you should watch:
City Island

Song that should make you feel all kinds of good:
"Good Ol' Fashion Rump Shaker" by The Hood Internet
{Beastie Boys vs. Matt & Kim}


Dangerous thought:
It's been an amazing past month of summer and it's only April. Hot diggity damn, coming summertime, I'm gonna mess you up in a sexy way. Woop, woop!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Good to hear bud. Although I am sad you didn't mention Monday writing night. So very sad.

Jake Kilroy said...

I most definitely did! You just proved to me that you don't actually read these things you comment on.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. I am a retard. I completely missed that. Wow. Sorry about that.

E said...

I liked that movie!